Waterford Energy Services Inc. Career Opportunities
Position: Well Intervention / Abandonment
Waterford Energy Services Inc. is an upstream oil and gas service company specializing in the provision of Well Construction personnel for our valued clients around the world. We are currently accepting applications for “Well Intervention/Abandonment Technicians” to work on an upcoming offshore project with surface trees on jacket structures.
Only qualified respondents shall be contacted for follow-up. Deadline for responses is 4pm AST, September 8, 2017.
- Our Well Abandonment Teams (WATs) include multi-tasking specialists who can lead or assist in pumping, slickline, e-line, and coil tubing applications.
- Under direct supervision, performs the rigging up and down of Multiple Service line equipment and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and safety meetings.
- Assembles and prepares equipment for installation and service.
- Assists or supervises running of a job.
- Maintains general housekeeping, clean up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Performs pre/post job inspections.
- Responsible for safe crane and rigging operations during the delivery of services in accordance with Customer’s design and KPI’s.
- Operates High Pressure fluid pump and coil tubing support equipment (flow back package).
- Performs hydrostatic testing on Blow Out Prevention Equipment (BOPE) and reels during pre/post job procedures including Preventative Maintenance (PM’s).
- Mentors peers and trains Operator Assistants.
- Monitors well control parameters and calculations before and during job applications.
- Performs and completes preventative maintenance on all associated equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Canadian Citizen
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in well completions, interventions and/or abandonments.
- Working knowledge of the following equipment – coil tubing, slick line, E-line and pumping equipment, expert knowledge on some equipment preferred.
- Minimum of High School Diploma from recognized institution.
- License to drive commercial vehicles may be required.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required and ability to use MS Office software.
- Must be able to pass a CAPP Offshore Medical, hold a valid BST Certificate, H2S Alive and WHIMS.