Waterford Energy Services Inc. Career Opportunities
Position: Software Developer
Location: Halifax, NS
Status: Full Time
From: September 2017 - September 2018
Reports To: Project Manager
Purpose of Service:
Waterford Energy Services Inc. (WESI) is seeking a software developer to assist in development of an internal software used by global companies. The positions requires building of new features, updating existing features and making the software mobile ready. Features to be developed will offer unique and complicated challenges to the successful applicant.
Scope of Service:
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Develop software and additions as required.
- Report weekly updates to supervisor.
- Identify risks and concerns associated with development.
- Provide unique solutions to complicated problems.
- Deliver solutions on time.
Six (6) month probation period contract with option to extend.
Essential Qualifications / Experience (if relevant):
- Five (5) years experience in a software development role including web and databased applications.
- Experience with ASP.Net MVC 5 and Microsoft’s Entity Framework will be considered an asset.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Technical diploma in Computer Science plus industry experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to self motivate and work alone.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to develop reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to manage tasks so that the most pertinent items are completed first.